Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Could I land a job with Goldman Sachs?

My dream is to become a proprietary trader for Goldman Sachs on Wall Street in NYC. I've been told they pay their employees an average of $600,000 per year and $170,000-$300,000 the first year, this is one reason why I specifically want to work for this firm. I'm only in my freshman year of high school, and I had a rough quarter (3.3 GPA) because I missed a lot of school due to illness and being out of state. My first quarter was a 3.9 though, and I'm guessing I'll be able to maintain a 3.8-4.0 throughout. My options for college are either Wharton (In a very good scenario) or Rutgers (New Brunswick, NJ) Business School. I do Knowledge Bowl and I plan to have internships at banks (possibly a Goldman Sachs) in the future. I've heard they hire around 25 Proprietary traders each year, so could I get in with a degree from Wharton or Rutgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment